domenica 9 aprile 2017

I like "The architecture of words has been ousted by maths"

I like (In Financial Times, friday 7 april 2017) :
THE ARCHITECTURE OF WORDS HAS BEEN OUSTED BY MATHS
Sir , I was delighted to read Michael Skapinker's article "Missing Oxford comma shows why writing skills matter" (FT.com, March 29), especially the penultimate paragraph where he attributes the problem to the fact that people are not doing enough writing.In my particular field of economics, I have been arguing for some time that the reason economics graduates find it so difficult to write a simple sentence is becouse the syllabus in most universities has become very Mathematical.When I was a student, many, many years ago we had to write essays.Now students are expected to solve differential equations and answer multiple choice questions.
DR GEORGE M GEORGIOU
Head of Publications, Library & Records management, Central bank of Cyprus

PS mathematical models , today, in economic, are too much important and too much considered